Ngalkhang Tshechu is a small community festival celebrated annually for a period of three days. One standout thing about this festival is that laymen perform the masked dances and the women of the village orchestrate the folk songs. The community vitality ingrained in Bhutan’s development philosophy of Gross National Happiness (GNH) is vividly on show when you attend this festival. The festival paints a perfect picture of a happy Utopian Society, which is quite rare in this modern material world.
03 -05 December 2017
|BASE PRICE||HIGH SEASON|
|USD $ 3233 per person
USD $ 3123 per pax for 2 person
USD $ 2793 per person for 3 person and above
DAY 1 (29 NOVEMBER) PARO -THIMPHU
- Arrive at Paro international airport
- Meet representative from our company
- Drive to Thimphu
- Afternoon some leisurely sightseeing.
DAY 2 (30 NOVEMBER) THIMPHU –PUNAKHA
- Morning Drive to Punakha
- En- route visit Dochula pass ( 3050 m)
- 108 chortens
- DrukWangyel monastery
- Descend to Lobesa
- Hike to visit Chimilhakhang (fertility temple)
- Afternoon, visit PunakhaDzong
- Drive back to your hotel
DAY 3 (01 DECEMBER) PUNAKHA – TRONGSA
- Moring drive to Trongsa via Wangdue
- En-route sightseeing WangdueDzong, beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan, scattered settlements, Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft), Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park, Valley of Yak herders, ChendebjiChorten
- Drive for 2 hours to Trongsa
DAY 4 (02 DECEMBER) TRONGSA - BUMTHANG
- Trongsa Dzong, Ta-Dzong, Tower of Trongsa, museum of tradition and modernity.
- Drive to Bumthang via Yotung la pass (11,800ft).
- Chumey Valley,
- Visit Yathra(Wooolen) weaving center at Zuney Village.
- Drive 20 minutes to your hotel.
DAY 5 (03 DECEMBER) BUMTHANG FESTIVAL
- Ideal place to explore on foot, Visit Jambay monastery, Kurjey Monastery
- Farmhouse lunch
- Visit Tamshing Monastery,
- KarchuDratsang to attend prayer ceremony
DAY 6 (04 DECEMBER) BUMTHAN FESTIVAL
- Drive toward north of Bumthang valley and walk to attend full day the festival,
- Late afternoon drive back to your hotel.
DAY 7 (05 DECEMBER) BUMTHANG-PHOBJIKHA
- Morning, Drive to Phobjikha
- Visit GangteyMoanstery,
- Afternoon, visit Gantey monastery, Crane information center
DAY 8 (06 DECEMBER) PHOBIJIHA THIMPHU
- Morning hike eco nature trek. Depart to Thimphu via Wangdue
- Afternoon,drive over Dochula pass.
- Descend to Thimphu
Evening a leisure
DAY 9 (07 DECEMBER) THIMPHU
- Sightseeing:visit places of cultural interest
- Kueselphodrang, 169ft Buddha statue, National Memorial Chorten, National Animal Takin enclosure
- Centenary farmers market
- Institute of Art and craft.
DAY 10 (08 DECEMBER) THIMPHU - PARO
- Morning drive to Paro.
- On arrival transfer to your hotel,
- Afternoon, visit the Paro National Muesum, ParoDzong
DAY 11 (09 DECEMBER) PARO
- Morning, drive to the base of Taktsang Monastery, Hike
- Afternoon walk down and drive to town.
- Visit ParoDzong
DAY12 (10 DECEMBER) DEPARTURE
Drive to Paro Airport for your destination flight