Jambay Lhakhang Drup, held in the Jakar valley of Bumthang, is one of the most eagerly awaited religious festivals in the calendar. It is famous for Terchham, or the “Naked Dance”, which is showcased to believers at midnight under the glittering starry autumn sky. Witnessing the Terchham is believed to cleanse one of all evils and bless one with good fortune. This five-day festival comprises centuries-old masked dances and folk culture of the valley.
Prakar is a small community in Chhumey valley, under Bumthang district. This closely-knit community gathers for the Prakar Tshechu, which is held for three days every year. The monks of Nimalung Monastery, located a few miles along on a serene ridge; perform masked dances at the festival. This particular festival is known for portraying some of the most articulate and spectacular masked dances in the entire country. Prakar Tshechu is a festival not to be missed. One can only appreciate why it is held in such high regard by attending it in person.
Jambay Lhakhang Drup (3 – 7 November 2017)
PrakarTshechu (4 – 6 November 2017)
|BASE PRICE||HIGH SEASON|
|USD $ 3233 per person
USD $ 3123 per pax for 2 person
USD $ 2793 per pax for 3 person and above
DAY 1 (31 OCTOBER ) PARO - THIMPHU
- Arrive at Paro international airport
- Meet representative from our company
- Drive to your hotel
- Afternoon some leisurely sightseeing.
DAY 2 (01 NOVEMBER) THIMPHU-PUNAKHA
- Morning Drive to Punakha
- En- route visit Dochula pass ( 3050 m), 108 Stupas/Chortens, DrukWangyel monastery
- Descend to Lobesa.
- Visit Chimi Lhakhang (Fertility temple)
- Afternoon visit PunakhaDzong.
DAY 3 (02 NOVEMBER) PUNAKHA – TRONGSA
- Drive to Bumthang via Trongsa
- En-route sightseeing WangdueDzong, Beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan,scattered settlements Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft),Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park, Valley of Yak
DAY 4 (03 NOVEMBER) TRONGSA - BUMTHANG
- Trongsa Dzong, Ta-Dzong, Tower of Trongsa, museum of tradition and modernity.
- Drive to Bumthang viaYotong la pass (11,800ft)
- Visit Yathra(Woolen) weaving center at Zuney Village
- Evening attend the open fire ceremony of Jambay Lhakhang Drup
DAY 5 (04 NOVEMBER ) BUMTHANG FESTIVAL
- Morning drive to attend the festival
- Afternoon visit Kurjey monastery, hike to Tamshing,
- Visit Membartsho ( flaming lake)
DAY 6 (05 NOVEMBER) BUMTHANG
- Morning drive to attend Prakhar festival
- Late afternoon drive to hotel
- Evening at leisure.
DAY 7 (06 NOVEMBER ) BUMTHANG -PHOBJIKHA
- Morning: drive to Phobjikha
- Visit GangteyMonastery
- Afternoon: visit Crane information center
DAY 8 (07 NOVEMBER ) PHOBJIKHA – THIMPHU
- Morning hike eco nature trek.
- Depart to Thimphu via Wangdue
- Afternoon drive over Dochula pass
- Descend to Thimphu
Evening at leisure
DAY 9 (08 NOVEMBER) THIMPHU
- Morning Sightseeing: visit places of cultural interest:
- Kueselphodrang, 169ft Buddha statue, National Memorial Chorten, National Animal Takin enclosure
- Centenary farmers market
- Institute of Art and craft
DAY 10 (09 NOVEMBER ) THUMPHU - PARO
- Morning drive to Paro.
- On arrival transfer to your hotel,
- Afternoon, visit the Paro National Muesum, ParoDzong
DAY 11 (10 NOVEMBER ) PARO
- Morning, drive to the base of Taktsang Monastery, Hike towards monestary
- Afternoon walk down and drive to town.
DAY 12 (11 NOVEMBER) DEPARTURE
- Drive to Paro Airport for your destination flight