The Dagala Trek takes you into an area adorned with pristine crystal clear lakes with added views of the Himalayan mountain range. On a clear sky day, one could also be awed with glimpses of some of the world’s highest peaks including Mt. Everest, Jomolhari, Masangang, Jichu Drake, Gangche Ta and many more.
The trail passes through a string of villages from which one could be able to fathom the true taste and color of life in a typical Bhutanese village. One could also be able to immerse oneself in the tranquility and beauty of elements of nature living in true harmony and co-existence.
DAY 1: PARO
- Arrive Paro
- Meet the representative from our company.
- Transfer to your hotel
- Leisure time to stroll Paro town
DAY 2: PARO VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Nature excursion drive to Chele pass (3988meters),highest motorable road in Bhutan,
- 3 hours drive through the blue pine and rhododendrons forest.
- Breathtaking views of Mount Jhomolhari and Jichu Drakey on a clear day.
- Hike along the ridge of Chelea pass to see the stunning views of Himalayan peaks and views of Ha and Paro Valleys.
- Picnic lunch on the way
- Drive back to Paro
- Visit Paro Rimpong Dzong, Traditional cantilever bridge, archery
DAY 3: PARO VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Day hike to Paro Taktsang
- Kyichu monastery,
- Experience Hot stone bath
DAY 4: TREK DAY 1: PARO – GEYNIKHA GEYNIZAMPA TREK START:
- Depart to Geynikha and drives take 3-4 hours
- Visit Iron chain bridge
- Pass the confluence of Thimphu and Paro River.
- Drive to Genekha , Distance: 4 kms/ 2.25 miles
- Geynizampa: 2850m /9350m
DAY 5: TREK DAY 2: GEYNIZAMPA – GIBZE KEBZE
- Distance: 5 km/ 3miles
- Time: 4.5 hrs.
- Gibze Kebze: 3710m/ 3710m
DAY 6: TREK DAY 3: GIBZE KEBZE – LABATAMA
- Distance: 10km / 6.2 miles
- Time: 4-5 hrs.
- Pagalabtsa la: 4170m/13675ft
DAY 7: TREK DAY 4: LABATAMA HALT
- Rest Day to acclimatize and take day hikes
DAY 8: TREK DAY 5: LABATAMA – PANA
- Distance:10 km / 6 miles
- Time: 4-5 hrs.
- Labjong la : 4400m/14430m
- Pana: 4030m/ 13230ft
DAY 9: TREK DAY: 6 PANA – TAKLEKHA GOMPA (TREK END) – THIMPHU
- Distance: 9km /5.5Miles
- Time: 5 hrs.
- Tale La: 4185m/ 13,725ft
- Taklekha Gompa: 3110m/10200ft
- Meet your transport
- transfer to Thimphu, capital of Bhutan 2400m/7855ft
- Drive take about 2 hours
- On arrival check in hotel and nice hot shower
- Leisure time to walk through the main street of Thimphu.
DAY 10: THIMPHU VALLEY EXPLORATION
Visit following places of cultural interest:
- National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
- Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
- Institute of Arts & Crafts
- Simply Bhutan Museum
- Tashi Cho Dzong- (Fortress of Glorious Religion)
DAY 11: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA ( 71Km)
- Leisurely 3 hours drive Punakha
- Dochula pass, 3050m / 10,000ft, spectacular view of Himalayas
- Descend to Lobesa
- Chimi Lakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman)
- Visit Lobesa Village
DAY 12: PUNAKHA VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Visit Punakha Dzong “Palace of Great Happiness”
- Hike to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten
- White water rafting
DAY 13: PUNAKHA – PARO ( 126 Km)
- Depart to Paro, 4-5 hours drive
- Dochula pass, 3050m
- Descend to Thimphu
- Visit Simtokha Dzong, the oldest Dzong in the country
- Drive to Paro, less than 2 hours
- Drive to Paro
DAY 14: PARO AIRPORT
- Transfer to Airport for your onward flight