This 3- 4 day trek takes place in Bumthang, one of the most picturesque valleys and the heart land of Buddhism in Bhutan. It is an ideal trek for amateur trekkers as the altitude does not exceeds over 3,450m.
It passes through several villages and sacred monasteries, providing ample opportunity to experience rural life. A local festival could also be included in the trek to spice up your experiences.
DAY 1: ARRIVE PARO
- Arrive Paro Airport
- Meet with representative from Bhutan Journeys.
- Transfer to your hotel
- Visit Paro Rimpong Dzong. Archery and Paro town
- Evening at leisure
DAY 2: PARO VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Day hike to Taktsang monastery
- Kyichu Lhakhang
- Experience hot stone bath
DAY 3: PARO –PUNAKHA ( 130 KM)
- Transfer to Punakha, 4-5 hours drive.
- Visit Iron Chain Bridge
- Dochula pass. 10,000ft, 3050m, panoramic views of eastern Himalayas
- Descend to Lobesa, Punakha
DAY 4: PUNAKHA – TRONGSA ( 136KM)
- Transfer to Trongsa, drive 5-6 hours
- View Wangdue Dzong
- Encounter beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan, scattered settlement,
- Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft),
- Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park,
- Valley of Yak herders
- Chendebji Chorten and impressive forest.
- Several villages and stunning views of Trongsa Dzong.
DAY 5: TRONGSA – BUMTHANG( 68Km)
- Walk to visit Trongsa Dzong, impressive sight
- Ta Dzong, houses the most fascinating museum of the Nations.
- Depart to Bumthang over Yongtong la pass( 3400m)
- Descend to Chumey Valley and
- Visit Weaving Center,( woolen clothes)
- Drive to about 30 minutes to Jakar
DAY 6: (TREK DAY 1): BUMTHANG – NGALAKHANG TREK START:
- Distance: 14 km / 8.7 Miles
- Time: 4-5 hours
- NgaLhakhang: 2,800m/ 9184ft
DAY 7 (TREK DAY 2): NGALAKHANG – TAKHUNG
- Distance: 12 Km/ 7.4 Miles
- Time: 6-7 hrs.
- Phepela La: 3556m/11,693ft
- Takhung: 2920m/9578ft
- Experience local living at farmhouse
Overnight: Farm House
DAY 8 (TREK DAY 3): TAKHUNG – UGYENCHOLING – (TREK END) JAKAR, BUMTHANG
- Distance: 11-14.5 km/ 7-9 Miles
- Time: 6-7 hrs.
- Qgyen Choling: 2805m/ 9200ft
DAY 9 : JAKAR – PHOBJIKHA – WANGDUE (188Km)
- Depart to Phobjikha Wangdue via Trongsa, drive 6-7 hours
- Enjoying beautiful landscape, villages and pristine vegetarian.
- Drive over Pelela pass and lawala pass.
- Descend to Phobjikha Valley, winter habitat for black necked cranes
DAY 10: PHOBJIKHA, WANGDUE – THIMPHU ( 134 Km)
- Eco natural trail hike
- Visit Gangtey Monastery
- Depart to Thimphu via Punakha
DAY 11: THIMPHU – PARO ( 54Km)
Participate to visit following place of cultural interest.
- Visit National Memorial Chorten,
- Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
- 2 hours drive to Paro.
DAY 12: PARO DEPARTURE
- Transfer to Paro international Airport