This 9 Day Mountain Biking tour with fully equipped imported Mountain bikes and trained English guide makes unforgettable and once in a lifetime mountain bike holiday in the fascinating Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan. The itinerary compromise of exciting and adventurous mountain biking. In Bhutan you will have the opportunity to ride genuinely untouched trails including some of the most thrilling and dramatic single-track we have not seen anywhere in the world.
You will be passing through remote villages, ancient temples and fortress, fascinating culture and the exceptionally friendly people of Bhutan. The biking is seeing increasing popularity among both visitors and Bhutanese alike.
DAY 1 ARRIVE PARO
- Arrive at Paro international Airport
- Meet with the representative from Bhutan Journeys.
- Drive to your hotel
- Visit Paro Ta Dzong (watch tower)
- Paro Rimpong Dzong
- Walk through the main street of Paro town.
DAY 2 PARO – HAA (90 Km)
- Drive to Ha Valley over Chele Pass (3988 meters, The Highest motarable road in Bhutan
- Short hike along the Chele la pass to see the stunning view of Himalayas peaks.
- Ride 20 km to Ha valley
- Visit Lhakhang Karpo (white temple) and Lhakhang Nagpo (Black temple).
DAY 3 HAA – THIMPHU ( 112 km)
- Morning ride about 80 kms to Chunzom
- Picnic lunch along the route.
- Ride to Thimphu.
- Evening leisure.
DAY 4 THIMPHU
- Explore Thimphu on bike to Dodena north of Thimphu
- Ride through Kabisa Village to Thimphu
- Visit Kuensel Phodrang(169ft Buddha Statue)
- Takin Enclosure
- Drive back to your hotel
- Evening at Leisure
DAY 5 THIMPHU – PUNAKHA (71 km)
- Drive to Punakha via Dochula pass, (3050 m)
- Descend on bike to Lobesa about 45 kms
- Ride to visit Chimi Lhakhang(Temple of fertility)
- Ride to your hotel.
DAY 6 PUNAKHA
- Leisurely day to explore Punakha Valley
- Visit Punakha Dzong
- Ride crossing the longest suspension bridge to Wangdue
- Lunch at Wangdue
- Ride back to your hotel
DAY 7 PUNAKHA – PARO (128 km)
- Morning drive to Paro over Dochula Pass.
- Descend to Thimphu for lunch.
- Afternoon continue your ride to Paro (takes more than 4 hours)
- Drive towards the north of Paro Valley and hike to Taktsang monastery.(Tiger Nest)
- Lunch at Taktsang Cafeteria
- Walk down to base , either drive or ride back to your hotel
- Experience hot stone bath
- Farewell Dinner
DAY 9: DEPARTURE
- Transfer to airport for your destination flight