Bhutan is a great holiday destination for families who love exploring and being outdoors. The culture, food, dress, architecture and natural beauty are exceptionally unique and special.
Wide-open spaces, hands-on engagement with Bhutanese culture, and services of a professional guide enhance this already great family adventure. We can arrange a variety of activities for active families such as walking, trekking and camping, mountain biking, rafting, horse riding and archery matches.
Interested families can also stay in a Bhutanese farmhouse, learn to cook Bhutanese cuisine, or visit a traditional school where you can join students and try your hand at creating one of the kingdom’s Zorig Chusum (13 traditional arts and handicrafts).
DAY 1: PARO – THIMPHU ( 54 km)
- Arrive at Paro International Airport
- Meet the representatives from Bhutan Journeys
- 2 hours drive to Thimphu(The Capital of Bhutan)
- On arrival, leisure time in Thimphu city.
DAY 2: THIMPHU VALLEY EXPLORATION
Visit following places of cultural interest.
- National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
- Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue, 169ft)
- Institute of Arts & Crafts School
- Visit Changangkha monastery
- Takin Enclosure
- Hike to Tango and Chari Monasteries(an ancient monasteries in the Thimphu region)
- Visit Tashichho Dzong (The main seat of government).
DAY 3: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA (71km)
- Depart to Punakha (an ancient Capital of Bhutan) via Dochula pass (3050m / 10,000ft). Magnificent views of eastern Himalayas
- Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman) and Lobesa Village
DAY 4: PUNAKHA
- Visit Punakha Dzong( The winter residence of Je-Khenpo “Chief Abbot” and central monk body)
- Drive to the riverside and sock in the fresh river of water
- Kids will participate in painting scenery from the river bank sand
- Participate in whitewater rafting.
DAY 5: PUNAKHA – PARO (130km)
- Drive to Paro via Thimphu
- En-route visit Royal Botanical Garden
- Simtokha Dzong ( first Dzong built in Bhutan)
- Evening visit Paro Dzong (An administrative center of the Paro district and religious institute for monks).
DAY 6: PARO
- Drive to Chele pass (3988meters), highest motorable road in Bhutan.
- You will view the Mount Jhomolhari and Jichu Drakey on a clear day.
- Visit farm house to experience the way of living.
DAY 7: PARO
- Excursion hike to Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery
- Visit Kyichu Lhakhang
DAY 8: DEPARTURE
- Transfer to airport for your international flight destination.