This tour covers the western Bhutanese grandeur of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangdue valleys. It is a gently paced 7-day trip enabling you to experience the captivating sights and exhilarating hikes. Highlights include: visits to sacred Buddhist sites, beautiful landscape, villages, massive fortresses, and meeting people.
DAY 1: PARO – THIMPHU(54km)
- Arrive at Paro International Airport
- Meet the representatives from Bhutan Journeys
- Shuttle to Thimphu (The Capital of Bhutan), 2 hours drive
- En-route visit Iron chain bridge
- Leisure excursion in Thimphu city
DAY 2: THIMPHU
Visit following places of cultural interest:
- National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
- Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) 169ft
- Institute of Arts & Crafts
- Takin Enclosure
- Tashi Cho Dzong- (Fortress of Glorious Religion)
- Changangkha monastery
DAY 3: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA ( 71km)
- Drive to Punakha (an ancient Capital of Bhutan) via Dochula pass (3050m / 10,000ft).
- Descend to Lobesa
- Hike to Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman)
- Visit Lobesa Village.
DAY 4: PUNAKHA VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Hike to Khamsum yulley Namgyal Chorten
- Visit Punakha Dzong “Palace of Great Happiness”
- White water rafting.
DAY 5: PUNAKHA – PARO ( 130km)
- Transfer to Paro
- En-route visit Simtokha Dzong
- Paro Dzong (Heap of Jewels).
DAY 6: PARO
- Excursion hike to Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery, most sacred site in Bhutan
- Kyichu Monastery
- Experience hot stone bath
DAY 7: DEPARTURE
- Drive to airport for your destination flight