This tour is an introduction to everything that is Bhutan. It provides an overview of Bhutan’s culture and is ideal for a first time visitor. As a prelude to the cultural richness of Bhutan, you will get to meet common people for first-hand experience of rural livelihoods and will also get to stay in countryside cabins and have a taste of the farmer’s idyllic rural life.
Due to the time consuming nature of traversing the country the content of this tour will be structured around the dates in which you intend to stay in the country.
DAY 1: PARO – THIMPHU ( 54km)
- Arrive at Paro International Airport
- Meet the representatives from Bhutan Journeys
- Transfer to Thimphu(The Capital of Bhutan), 2 hours drive
- Leisure time to explore Thimphu main street
DAY 2: THIMPHU
Visit following places of cultural interest:
- Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue)
- National Memorial Chorten (Stupa)
- Changangkha Monastery
- Takin Enclosure
- Tango Monastery, Buddhist College
- Chari Monastery meditation center
DAY 3: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA/WANGDUE (71km)
- Drive to Punakha/Wangdue over Dochula pass (3050m / 10,000ft) (Spectacular view of eastern Himalayas)
- Visit Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of fertility- Drukpa Kunley, Divine Madman) and Lobesa village.
DAY 4: WANGDUE –TRONGSA ( 129km)
- Transfer to Trongsa.
- View Wangdue Dzong
- Enjoy the beautiful sceneries of rural Bhutan, scattered settlement
- Pele La pass (3350m 11000ft), Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park,
- Valley of Yak herders and Chendebji Chorten.
- Amazing vegetation and serval villages
DAY 5: TRONGSA – BUMTHANG ( 68km)
- Drive to visit the massive and architecturally the most impressive Dzong of the country “The Trongsa Dzong”.
- Ta-Dzong (Tower of Trongsa), an elegant museum tasteful blend of tradition and modernity.
- Depart to Bumthang “the spiritual heartland of the kingdom” over Yotong la pass (11,800ft)
- Chhumey Valley, Yathra (Woolen) weaving center at Zuney Village.
- Pass over Kila lass (2700M) and descend to Jakar.
DAY 6: BUMTHANG VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Ideal place to explore on foot
- Visit Jambay Lhakhang monastery
- Hike to Kurjey Monastery and Tamshing Monastery
- Visit Jakar Dzong” Castel of white swan”
- Stroll through Jakar town
DAY 7: BUMTHANG VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Day excursion drive to Tang Valley
- Hike to Ugyen Choling to visit Museum
- Visit farmhouse, interact with local people
- Visit Remochen Monastery and Mebartsho (flaming Lake)
- Demonstration of Archery, National Sports of Bhutan, Darts another Bhutanese sport wildly played.
DAY 8: BUMTHANG VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Day excursion to Ura Valley over
- Hike to Ura Village from Shertangla Pass ( 1 hours & 30 Minutes
- Visit Ura Monastery and Farmhouse
- Transfer back to Jakar via Chumey.
- Experience hot stone bath
DAY 9: BUMTHANG – PHOBJIKHA (140 km)
- Transfer to Phobjikha via Trongsa,
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape, virgin forest , Lawala Pass, Phobjikha Valley—Valley of Black Necked cranes
- Visit Crane information Center
DAY 10: PHOBJIKHA – PUNAKHA ( 74 km)
- Morning hike eco natural trail
- Visit Gantey Gompa Monastery
- Depart to Punakha
DAY 11: PUNAKHA VALLEY EXPLORATION
- Visit to Punakha Dzong
- KhamsumYulley Namgyal Chorten Or Dali Gonpa
- Evening leisure
DAY 12: PUNAKHA – PARO (130km)
- Transfer to Thimphu over Dochula pass
- Afternoon drive to Paro
- Visit Paro Dzong, Ta- Dzong, and National Museum
- Evening at leisure
DAY 13: PARO
- Excursion hike to Taktsang (Tiger Nest) monastery
- Kyichu Monastery
DAY 14: DEPARTURE
- Drive to airport for your destination flights